Name of Dish:
Hamburger & Cabbage
Description of Dish:
This is a simple dish that takes 45mins from start to finish with easy preparation. It’s perfect for those busy days where you can’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen trying to be a 5-star chef preparing a 10-course meal. The beef and the cabbage are the stars of the show. This dish is extremely lean and healthy but is packed full of flavor.
- This recipe feeds 4 - 6 people
- You can make it with pasta such as ditalini or over rice.
- If you are on a no-carb diet you can eat as a soup.
- Wine: This is a lite dish so pino noir would work well this lite dish. A young chianti would also work well.
- 2lb ground Casa Beef
- 1 large head of cabbage coarsely chopped
- Add Chicken Stock where it says liquid ½ - 1 cup of chicken stock
- No Garlic
- Add 1 a teaspoon of paprika
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 whole onion chopped
- Optional Ingredients:
- ¼ teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper (optional if you want a little heat in the dish).
- Parmesan Cheese at the end
- Create one large patty from the ground beef.
- Heat up a large cast-iron pan to sear the meat in. Coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan. Sear the patty whole on both sides. The patty should rare in the middle. Salt and Pepper to Taste. Remove the beef once it is caramelized. Add chopped onion into the pan, salt & pepper, and add ½ a teaspoon of paprika. Cook the onion until it turns translucent then add the chopped cabbage with salt and pepper to taste and the remaining ½ teaspoon of paprika and ¼ of a teaspoon of crushed red pepper at this point. Stir often to keep the onion and cabbage and from burning the add the ½ cup of chicken stock (if making soup add more chicken stock as need until the desired texture is reached). Once at temperature, add the beef back in. Break the beef apart and mix it thoroughly with the cabbage and onion. Once the cabbage reaches a soft texture the dish is ready. Add more salt pepper to taste if needed.
- Anytime (non-seasonal)
- Cool weather dish