Name of Dish:
Spatchcock Chicken with Mushrooms Farro and Lima Beans.
Description of Dish:
A rustic chicken dish that requires mid-level cooking skills. If your beginner cook this dish is a great challenge yourself. This dish tastes great and looks great with an awesome presentation for holiday meals or special occasions to impress the people you love.
- How many people are feeding with this one?
- This recipe feeds 4 - 6 people
- Wines: Malbec, Sangiovese, Cabenri Savion (big body)
- Side dishes: Farro, Mushrooms, baby lima beans
- 1 whole Casa Fattoria Chicken
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- Fresh parsley
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 1 large box of Mushrooms
- Frozen Baby Lima Beans
- 1-2 cups of farro (depending on the number of people eating)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 whole lemons
- 4 - 6 Table Spoons of Olive Oil
- Preparing the Chicken:
- Take a very sharp knife and slice down the back of the chicken from top to bottom. Lay the chicken on a large flat surface such as a cookie sheet skin side up. Press down on the center of the chicken to break the bones and make the chicken stay flat.
- Season both sides of the chicken by rubbing it down with olive oil. Salt and Pepper the chicken. Squirt ½ - 1 a lemon.
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
- Take a large cast-iron pan and coat with 1 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil as needed.
- Place chicken in pan skin side down. Cook in the oven for about 20 mins (we are not trying to sear the skin). After 20 mins remove pan and chicken from the oven. Flip the chicken over so that it is skin side up. Place in the center of the pan put back in the oven for about 1 hour. Prepare farro based on package.
- Chop up garlic and mushrooms. After 30 mins into the hour, add the mushrooms and garlic into the pan around chicken. Add more olive oil if needed. Place pan back into the oven for another 15 mins. At this point, your Farro should be cooked. Take the pan back out after adding the Farro baby lima beans and chicken stock to the mushrooms. Mix thoroughly. Place pan back into the oven for another 15 mins. Check the meat on the around the leg and thigh area to see if it’s cooked. If the chicken needs more time to cook add more chicken broth to keep from farro burning or sticking. Once finished adding ¼ lemons to the dish for decoration and use. Add chopped parsley. Add a splash of chicken stock so Farro doesn’t stick. Also, note that aluminum foil the first 30 minutes over the skin helps with skin burning.
- Impress Your SO.